In this chapter we'll dive into various topics of "advanced"
urql usage. This is admittedly a
catch-all chapter of various use-cases that can only be covered after the "Architecture"
- Subscriptions covers how to use
useSubscriptionand how to set up GraphQL subscriptions with
- Persistence & Uploads teaches us how to set up Automatic Persisted Queries and File Uploads using the two respective packages.
- Server-side Rendering guides us through how to set up server-side rendering and rehydration.
- Debugging shows us the
urqldevtools and how to add our own debug events for its event view.
- Retrying operations shows the
retryExchangewhich allows you to retry operations when they've failed.
- Authentication describes how to implement authentication using the
- Testing covers how to test components that use
urqlparticularly in React.
- Authoring Exchanges describes how to implement exchanges from scratch and how they work internally. This is a good basis to understanding how some features in this section function.
- Auto-populate Mutations presents the
populateExchangeaddon, which can make it easier to update normalized data after mutations.