- Build a Store Locator app with fast load times and improved SEO
- Prototype and test out different interaction models with different versions of static content
- Utilize React and universal rendering to decrease load times
- Combine several existing static versions of store pages into one app to simplify and improve SEO
- Load time decreased significantly; instead of loading piece by piece, the store locator now loads immediately.
- Improved user experience, particularly for mobile users
- Simplified and improved SEO
Having already landed on using React and universal rendering to decrease load time, the first step was to prototype and test out different interaction models with different versions of static content. Once we landed on the best option, the build out of the final product went relatively quickly. In the process of creating the store locator, several existing static versions of store pages were combined into one app. This was done in order to decrease load times, and also to simplify and improve Starbucks’ SEO efforts.
We Are Formidable
Formidable is a Seattle-based consultancy and open source shop, with an emphasis on Node.js and React.js. We deploy a mixture of consulting, staff augmentation, and training to level up teams and solve engineering problems. Whether it’s transitioning walmart.com to React, moving speedtest.net off Flash, or helping a startup build and scale an MVP, we’re ready to help teams of any size.